Thursday, January 15, 2009

Travel Collage

Over a year ago we recieved a large photo frame/ collage with 27 different spaces in it from our friends the Alfred's. Due to a lack or time and/ or motivation I didn't put any photos in it, instead it has just been sitting in a closet. I had thought that it would be fun to put pics of all the different places that we've been in it. So this past week I thought it was finally time to make it happen. I went through all our travel photos and selected photos that I thought portrayed the place well and/ or had some special memory attached to it. Since I was putting the photos in a collage I also had to keep track of vertical and horizontal shots, also thinking of size and some square photos. This was actually quite a lot of work (I suppose that's why I hadn't done it earlier). I still have to replace the middle square and 2 others, somehow those pics didn't seem to make it on the memory stick when I went to Walmart. Anyways, you get the idea.




I decided that it would be nice to include the place name on each photo, since some places are not as obvious as others. http://www.picnik.com/ is a great website that allows you to add text in different fonts. The site also allows you to edit a photo simply and make photos into collages, etc. I also use photoshop, but picnik was what I used for all of these photos, it's just fast and easy. FYI- This is very child and non computer literate friendly. I would use this with students if I was teaching. You can do some pretty artsy stuff really easily!

Here are a few example of the photos that I included:




So it seems that our frame with 27 spaces is already full! I doesn't even include ALL of the places that we've been and we haven't even gone our cruise yet, and we plan to do a couple of other trips this year. I think we'll have to get a second frame (of the same) for future pics. David and I also thought it would be fun to write the names of places that we would like to go on papers to fill the empty spots. And when we travel and reach our destinations we can slowly replace the papers with the real photo. Who knows? Just an idea... for now. Anyways I was really happy with how it turned out in the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the frame! Such a neat idea. I can't wait to check out that website too. I don't do a lot of photo editing, but when I do I use Picasa.

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat idea. Those pictures look professional. and the added text is really a cool idea. You guys have deffinately been to a lot of defferent places and that is a cool way to share it.

Tammy Walker

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! I'll be sure to keep up your blog too, it's such a great way to stay in touch :)

The pictures are gorgeous and your upcoming cruise sounds wonderful!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails