Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Semester for David...New Schedule for Me

David is already busy as can be with new courses and activies at school. His new semester means a new schedule for me as well. He has evening classes Monday and Tuesday and then should be home by around 5ish the other days of the week. However, I know that he will often need to stay late to study and work on projects, etc.

I have several things going on as well, which is nice since it gives me a little more structure in my week and has some connecting points with others. On Tuesday mornings I am attending "Time Out" at Fairview MB in St. Catharines. I am doing scrapbooking/ card making, which is great since I can work on a hobby at the same time. There is nursery care as well, so it's easy to bring Sarah. Kristi (my second cousin) is also in the class, so it will be a great way to get to know her better as well. It was also neat to see one of the girls from my baby/ moms group in my scrapbooking class.

Sadly, David's Tuesday evening class is at the same time as my photo club, so it looks like I won't be going to that this semester. I can still take photos and submit them to the club online, so I will try to do more of that in the months ahead.

On Wednesday mornings my baby/ moms group is continuing to get together. Tomorrow I'm hosting the group at our place, so that should be fun.

Every other Thursday morning I am attending a womans Bible study with the Mom to Mom group that I met with in the fall. We're going to be doing a study on Ruth.

I am also continuing to work with my tutoring student from the University 1-2 times a week. I would love to get a couple of Elementary students to work with a couple of evenings per week, especially when David is in school anyways.

Other than that I just do all the regular stuff that a stay at home mom does, play with Sarah, clean the house, cook dinner, do a little baking, etc. It's nice to be back in a rhythm and routine. I love the snow, but it isn't that great for going for walks with the stroller, so that's one of the things that I'm missing these days. Oh well. Anyways, that's about it for today.

I feel so blessed with the opportunities that I have been given and the relationships that God has put in front of me. Now it's just a matter of time and effort. I am so thankful that I don't feel lonely here or bored all the time. It doesn't mean that I never have a bored moment, but all in all it's been really good. God is good indeed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails