Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Milk in Bags

One of the first things we noticed when we went grocery shopping here in Ontario is that milk is sold in bags. Ugh.. You can still buy it in 2 L cartons but it's much more expensive. We resisted for the last 5 months since we don't drink lots of milk anyways. But since we seem to be drinking more milk and the price is just so much better we have switched to the bags. This has been especially hard on David. I remember when I was a kid we always got milk in bags, it didn't seem wierd then, but somehow it does now. Watch out BC, bagged milk may be coming your way too!

Many things in Ontario are more environmentally friendly, so I suppose it makes sense that they don't have jugs and fewer cartons. Like I've said in the past, curb side recycling is much better here than in the Lower Mainland. I especially like having compost matter picked up, they even pick up dog poo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember getting milk in bags when I was a kid too. It didn't seem strange at the time, but if I had to switch now I know it would bug me.

KPetrie said...

Wow..I totally remember getting the milk in bags! The milk man would leave it on our door step at about 5am, so when we'd get up and retrieve it in the winter, it was all frozen! hehe I still remember the jug we used to put the bag in..wow..seems like eons ago!

Related Posts with Thumbnails