Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sarah Meets the Red Envelope

When looking through our photos and thinking of what to include while updating our blog I can't help but include these. Christmas on David's side of the family...well... hardly exists. In fact there is barely mention of it. I remember back to when David and I were dating and his dad would set up a little tree. Sometimes the kids would get gifts, depending on the year; however this was before I knew his family. Since Anna was the youngest (and there's a big age gap), she would often get a lot more gifts than the others. David remembers a Christmas where his siblings both got lots of gifts and he didn't get any. It's a good thing that I have never been huge on presents, since this was a big enough adjustment for me to make.

Gifts in the form of money in a red envelope are given out at Chinese New Year (if you go), this is instead of Birthday or Christmas gifts. This way no one seems to have to remember anyone's actual birthday and gift giving is always easy since it's always the same. This doesn't seem to be something that is bad or good, but rather just the way it is. Us siblings exchange actual gifts for Christmas. Since Sarah is a baby she recieved a red envelope from her Grandma and Great Grandma.

I love Sarah's expression on this photo
Great Grandma was loving her Sarah time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'd rather have gifts instead of money. Well, depending on how much money is in that envelope! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails