Friday, January 30, 2009

Sarah loves her Books

For the past couple of weeks Sarah has been loving her books for more than just something to chew on. I've read to her everyday for a long time now, but it was always a struggle since she was always trying to pull the book away from me so that she could eat it.

Her books have now become some of her favourite things to look at and play with. She loves to turn the pages by herself and has now started pointing at the pictures and textured parts. I have always pointed and tracked the words as I've read (that's what us teachers do), so it has so warmed my heart to see her learning and following along. These are just a few of her books, she has many other favourites around the house. I think that she's just too cute here.

I realized the other day when I was going through our photos that we don't have any pictures of me reading to her. This is because reading time is usually when David is at school so there's no one to take a photo. So yesterday we finally got a few pics. Reading time is also one of my favourite times in the day since that's also our cuddle time. Sarah's a very active little girl, so having her sit on my lap for 10 minutes straight is pretty great!




My pretty little girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture when she is reading by herself...man, she is cute!

laura balzer

Related Posts with Thumbnails