Monday, January 5, 2009

Pay it Forward- A Gift For You

This is the first time that I have done something like this, so we'll see how it goes. I have accepted this "challenge" from my second cousin Sonya's blog (which she also got from a friend).

So here's what to do:Be one of the first 3 people to leave a comment on this post, and I will send you a handmade gift! How much fun does that sound? I like to make stuff and enjoy taking walks to the post, so this should be good. Now I just have to figure out what to make.
You then need to post the Pay It Forward challenge on your own blog and make a gift also for your first 3 commenters and so on it goes. :) The gift can be in any price range you like and you have 365 days to send it. I think it's a great way to keep the spirit of giving going through the whole year, not just at Christmas. If you want to participate and don't feel up to hand crafting I'm sure it would be ok to purchase something too.


I know that most people who read my blog don't have a blog of their own. If this is the case and you really want to participate I suppose you could always send out your own pay it forward in the form of a group e-mail or something.

By the way, I have learned that when sending things in the mail it's best to keep them as flat as possible. Even if the item is an 8 x 11 size, as long as it's not too heavy (up to 1 lb) and relatively flat(half and inch) it doesn't cost more than a few dollars to send it off ($2.78 to be exact). The Canada Post website, parcel rate calculator has become a good tool since we've moved out of province. There's nothing worse than having the perfect item to send and then realizing that it costs more to send it that it did to buy it.
Happy Giving!

3 comments:

raych said...

Yes, first! Wins!

Melanie said...

PRIZES? Pick me! Pick me!

Donna said...

Horray #3! I am excited about doing this on my blog... I think this is a great idea :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails