Sunday, November 16, 2008

Setting up the Christmas Tree

Being with the ones I love, eating mandarin oranges and Lindt chocolates, Sarah McLachlan Christmas music playing in the background, snow blowing outside and decorating the Christmas tree. Does life get much better than that? Life is good indeed.



This morning we tried out yet another church. We both enjoyed it but are still not sure of where we want to stay. I put Sarah in the nursery and she didn't cry at all! I was so pleased since she screamed in the nursery a couple of Sunday's ago and they had to come and get me. I am trying to expose her to different people and places so that she isn't so dependent on me. I do love it when I go to get her and she looks at me saying mom, mom, mom, mom. David isn't such a fan though. He knows how much I love it inside and just gives me the look (wishing she was saying dad, dad, dad). We are starting to think that "ba" means dad.

So here we are on a lazy Sunday afternoon with really nothing to do but decorate our tree and relax at home. We weren't going to get a Christmas tree since we head back to Abby on the 15th. I knew that we couldn't get a real tree but having no tree at all just seemed so sad to me. So I went on Kijiji asking for a Christmas tree for $20. Someone replied to my posting and we got what is actually a pretty good little tree. It's definitely no real tree, but it's better than nothing.

Every year we get a new ornament that is symbolic of that year (I started this the first year we were together, so we have 14 ornaments already!). We also have a collection of ornaments from the places that we have travelled to. Every year we enjoy looking at our collection and reminiscing about our years together and the places that we have been. So you could say that the ornaments are really just as important as the tree.

So here we are, Sarah's first Christmas, setting up our Christmas tree. I know it's kind of early, but since we head back to BC on the 15th of December I wanted to have it up to enjoy it as much as possible.



Sarah loved the lights and shiny ornaments. I love how this photo captures her sense of excitement!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree! We're not putting up a tree this year so I'm not sure how Christmasy it will feel at our house.

Oh, and tell David not to feel too badly about Sarah not saying "Dada". It definitely has it's advantages, particularly when she calls for someone in the middle of the night. ;)

Melanie said...

Love the pictures! And I LOVE Christmas! And Christmas music! And decorations! Ooooh, it's all so fun!

Nancy Skeels said...

Love it! Bring on Christmas! Gail F. had her decorations up on the 11th already. We're waiting until December 1st (or in other words, after reports and interviews). Just thought I'd leave you a note, and let you know that I'm having fun checking out your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails