Friday, November 14, 2008

I Love you Leaf Man!

Our yard was covered in leaves!
Today has been a busy day, and it's only 3pm! This morning I had a girl named Karen and her baby Lily over that I met at the baby class I attended. It was wonderful to have someone to visit and chat with. She is kind and relaxed about life, I think we could become good friends.

We also had new windows installed in our house today. We previously had the old wooden window frames with a secondary window installed on the exterior. Our new windows have pretty white frames, are easy to open and best of all I can actually see out of them properly. Yahoo for new windows!

I put Sarah down for her nap about an hour ago and figured I should probably tackle the leaf situation. The weather is warm and beautiful today! Our neighbour Angela agreed to lend us her rake a couple of days ago, so I headed over to pick up the rake and tackle the job. I loved our tree with all the pretty leaves on it a couple of weeks ago, but now with all the leaves on the ground, not to mention all of our neighbours leaves, I'm not too sure. Thompson street ends right at the entrance of our driveways, and just like our old house, everything funnels into our driveway. We have been prewarned by our neighbours that we get the worst snow drifts on our driveways too... so much to look forward to!


Anyways, I had raked and stuffed 2 big bags, and 2 large compost bins when I noticed a small bulldozer (much bigger than a bobcat) driving up and down the roads scooping up leaves. This got me to thinking... why don't I just rake all the leaves onto the road? As he drove along the road I motioned to him my intentions, asking for permission. He slowed down and told me to go for it and that he would come back several times to pick them up while I raked. Yahoo! So I spent the next 20 minutes raking like a mad woman, just shoving it all onto the street. Not only did I not have to stuff it into bags, but I didn't have to figure out what to do with all of those bags. It was kind of funny to see neighbours going for walks stopping, smiling and laughing as I raked like crazy and the bulldozer just kept coming back for more. What a work out! Thank you leaf man you have made my day!
The forecast calls for snow this coming week... I think I'll let David do the shovelling.

1 comment:

Nancy Skeels said...

You're making me reminisce about fall in Ontario. I remember as a kid being fascinated by the giant vacuum cleaner truck that would come around and suck up all the leaves that were left out at the curb ... have you ever seen those in your town? I wonder if they still do that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails