Monday, March 16, 2009

Saving Money

I think that David and I have always been good at saving money and knowing how to maximize our free stuff. It seems that many of our friends/ family have odd little stories or memories of us and saving money. Lately I have learned a few more tricks. Yahoo!


This website is updated daily and gives lots of information on sales, freebies, coupons, contests, etc. I never realized there were so many hard core coupon clipper, freebie watchers out there! This site is great since I usually bring it up once at the end of the day and you can learn of any great deals, sales or new free things. Since getting 'fun' mail is so rare, free stuff is a great way to make getting the mail a little more fun. Last week I got some little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, baby cereal, etc. One thing I'm always careful of is only signing up for free stuff that I actually want, there's so much junk out there. Not to mention, that David brings home enough "free junk" for both of us. www.canadianfreestuff.com/ is also an ok site, however it isn't updated as regularly.

I learned about this site through the above site. Sign up is free and it gives you access to usually about 50 coupons. You select the coupons and then they're mailed to you the following day. I got my first set of coupons within about 3-4 days. Last week they had a coupon for a free pledge multisurface cleaner. Yeah, free is always the best!
3. The other thing that I have been learning is how to best combine coupons with sales. This is something that I never really did before. But if you combine them, it's amazing how cheap you can get some things (practically free). Of course, it's important to only buy what you were going to get in the first place.
Living in a new town and province have forced us to have to learn where all the best shops are, what stores offer the best deals on certain products, etc. Just when we had Abby all figured out, we moved.
As you can see, we haven't changed. We're convinced that no matter how much money we will ever have, we will always be on the look out for a good deal. With my maternity leave coming to a close, the yucky market situation and David's co op not yet started, looking for deals seems to be more important now than ever. I will post more deal info, etc as I come across it. Any great tips or memories in this area?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check those sites out. I love coupons!

Related Posts with Thumbnails