Friday, March 13, 2009

Crepes

I really don't know what I'm going to do today. David's gone to school for the day and Sarah's been sleeping since 9:30 but shouldbe waking up just before noon (but then goes back to bed around 2:30). I know that I could do some cleaning, but that's not much fun. I've also got a couple of projects that I could finish up. There's really no news to report. David's busy with school and we're at home doing life. The weather is kind of blah, not too warm and not too cold. Not very exciting. So since I have no exciting or very interesting news I thought I would post about my breakfast this morning.

Instead of having my usual breakfast of cereal, yogurt, etc I thought I would make some crepes, since I have the time. Mmmm... I love crepes!

5 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
6 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk

Blend all ingredients except milk together until smooth. Slowly add milk and blend again. Spray a little non stick spray on a pan and heat (medium setting). I use a gravy ladle to put about 1 1/2 spoonfuls on the pan, pick up the pan and move around to make sure the batter covers the pan. Flip when the edges begin to turn golden brown. Just takes a couple of minutes per crepe.

I halfed the recipe (3 eggs) since it was just for me, still made 6 crepes (I couldn't eat them all). I like to have one with swiss cheese inside (reminds me of my time in Switerland). Today I tried one with pineapple cream cheese, one with maple syrup and one with nutella. I'm stuffed.

Anyways, our precious girl seems to be calling me, so I better go. Time to play and chase her around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love crepes. We just eat them plain with sugar though. That way you can eat more. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails