Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Eye Exam

This morning I went for an eye exam. With my benefits expiring very soon this was something that I wanted to squeeze in before it was too late. I found that making an eye appointment is actually something that needs to be done quite a bit ahead of time. So I was finally able to get an appointment for today. The tricky part was that David had to go to school (as he does every day), and without childcare it meant that I had to take Sarah with me.

It was quite a funny experience to have her sitting on my lap while I was reading out the letters, looking through the lenses, etc. She couldn't seem to figure out what was going on. Dark then light then dark again, my face pressed up against the machine, etc.

Since we were already there and Sarah was doing pretty good I thought I would pick out glasses at the same time. A couple of times I put a pair of glasses on and when I looked at her she just laughed (I didn't go with those ones...ha ha). I ended up picking out a pair that are pretty fun looking and very different than my last pair. What's the point of having two normal looking pairs. Within 40 minutes we were in and out, glasses ordered and everything. Not too bad. So now Sarah has experienced her first eye exam, only the exam wasn't for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All 4 of us have to go for eye exams soon too. Hope it doesn't break the bank!

Related Posts with Thumbnails