Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ontario Residents

Today I finally feel like we've become Ontario residents, much to David's sadness. The last thing that we had to do was get our OHIP/ Ontario Health plan cards. You can't apply for this until you've lived in Ontario for a minimum of 3 months. Well, we changed all of our other things over in that time and then 3 months came and went. So we thought it was time to finally get it done. With Sarah's one year dr. apt just around the corner I didn't feel like facing the question of "did you get your OHIP card yet?" without being able to answer yes! It's funny how we can put these things off for so long and then once we actually do them, it seems so quick and simple. So I think that's finally the end of everything we had to do to move to Ontario. I'm already dreading having to change it all again when we move. Oh well, we've got lots of time before we have to think about that.

I got my seed catalogue in the mail today. That along with warmer temperatures has me thinking of a garden and what we're going to do outside. It's really hard to think about how we could fix things up without spending any (or very little) money. I'll keep you posted on what I can figure out.

Oh, I almost forgot, I had another ortho appointment today and it looks like I'm on track to have my braces taken off before we go to BC. I couldn't be happier, part of me is trying not to get my hopes up to high just in case they give me some bad news at the end. Hard to believe I've had them on for nearly two years already. I'm so glad I did it, it hasn't been that bad and time goes by fast (thankfully). I should be braces free for Michael and Rebecca's wedding, yahoo!

Just 5 more days until my mom comes!! Can't wait!!
Here's a couple of pics from David's ice wine adventures. Him and Zac spent yesterday evening bottling up all their precious ice wine. It's quite the process!
And just because...here's our precious sleeping beauty. She had herself all cuddled up in blankets, but I took them off of her for the pic. I was actually trying to wake her up in a way that she would think she was waking up on her own. Her naps have been so long these days, once it hits 12:30 and she's been out for nearly 3 hours I feel like it's best to wake her. I love it when babies sleep with their bums up, this is her classic position.

1 comment:

Jackie Buitelaar said...

That is the cutest sleeping baby picture yet! I can't believe she sleeps like that...Adri still likes to be swaddled but her hands go straight out. Good to hear things are going well and you are settling as Ontario residents...don't get too comfortable...BC is still your home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails