Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Signs of Spring


It's hard to believe that it's March already. Normally this is around the time when it starts to feel more like spring. Well not here in Ontario. The grass is brown, the trees are bare, and there are no signs of buds anywhere. As I was going for a walk with Sarah the other day I was intentionally looking at peoples flower beds hoping to see some sign of spring... nope, not yet. No greenery, no daffodils, no crocuses. We don't have snow at the moment but for some reason I think that we'll get another dump sometime this month.
When we were at Superstore last week I insisted on buying a little daffodil plant. David couldn't understand why I wanted to buy a little flower pot so I tried to explain that I needed a little encouragement that spring really wasn't that far away. Spring has never been my favourite season, I just always found it a little more boring than the rest of the seasons. Perhaps it's because the transition from winter to spring in Abbotsford has never seemed like a big one. After being asked the question, "what's your favourite season?" in my Bible study group, almost all the women responded with spring. I think I'm starting to understand why. Winter is long and it feels one of these days (not quite yet) I'm going to wake up to spring. So I'll keep looking for signs of spring, I'll find some one of these days.

So for now I'll just enjoy my little daffodil plant in the kitchen window and dream of warmer days ahead. At least the sun is shining and the sky is blue.

I dropped David off at school this morning to have the car. My baby/ moms group was cancelled today so I think I'll take Sarah to check out some thrift stores in the area. The poor girl is still playing with her basket of baby toys and is so ready for some toys the next level up. We looked at toys in Walmart and they're just so expensive, so I hope that we can find some good deals on used ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am just itching for spring to get here too, but there's absolutely no signs of it anywhere. In fact, we still have flurries and cold temps in the forecast. Boo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails