Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Case of the Missing Yams

Sarah is constantly taking things and "hiding" them on us. I once lost my keys later to find that she had put them behind the couch. David is forever looking for his extra cell phone/ alarm clock, etc.

The other day I placed a couple of yams on the kitchen counter as I was getting ready to make more baby food for Calvin. A few minutes later I went to get the yams when I realized that they had disappeared. I immediately asked Sarah what she had done with the yams on the counter. She would just look at me and shrug then babble something that I couldn't understand. I looked in all the usual places and several others, but I couldn't find them anywhere. I was soon imaging the yams not being found and later creating a terrible smell somewhere in our house. Had to find the yams!

About a half hour later it was lunch time, so I thought I would give it a break and start getting the kids food ready. I opened the microwave to heat up the leftovers when I saw the yams just sitting in the microwave. What a little stinker!

The microwave seems to be one of Sarah's new favourite places to hide things. I found her doll in there later the same day. I was just glad that I found the yams after all.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Okay...that's hilarious! Sneaky girl! That could become a problem! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails