Friday, June 5, 2009

Top Secret

About a month ago I saw an invitation on the smartcanuck website to apply to Pinecone Research to complete surveys. Since the site stated that each survey completed earns you $5 I figured that I would apply, after all $5 is $5! I was accepted by the company and have since received a few surveys to complete. Last week I received my first $5 cheque in the mail, so funny!

After completing a survey I was asked to be a product tester as well. Getting paid to eat new foods, why yes! So the other day we received our first top secret product my Purolater. All I have to do is eat the food and then fill out another survey about my experience (they only take about 5 minutes to complete). Since companies want feedback on products before putting them on the shelves, they often have product testers (regular people like me) taste their products first and report on them.

Every survey that I receive reminds me that I am not able to talk about any of the products that I read about or taste. David and I felt so special when our "secret" package arrived at our door step. It came with several papers reminding us not to show the product to anyone else or talk about it. By now you're probably wondering what the item was...sorry I can't tell. Thankfully it was very yummy, just wish we had more. Perhaps it will be in stores soon so that I can buy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know...testing new foods could go either way. They may be delicious or they may be horrid. They should pay double if it's the latter.

I've thought about signing up to be a secret shopper. I still have to look into it some more though.

Wes said...

You guys rule!

Related Posts with Thumbnails