Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Drinking Alone


Sarah isn't really a cuddly girl. One of the ways that I knew it was time to wean her was because she was unable to just lay and eat. Once we moved onto the bottle she didn't want to lay in my arms at all, but was happy sitting on my lap. Now that she's walking she doesn't even want to sit in my lap while she's taking her bottle. She'll sit for a few seconds before trying to slide off my lap. She much prefers to walk around and drink at the same time. This has been driving us crazy since it is not a habit that we want her to be in. However, when we need her to drink her bottle and this is the only way, then one does what we have to do... let her.

The other day I decided to try letting her sit alone on "her" chair when I gave her the bottle (the couch was a no go). Amazingly, she will sit and drink her whole bottle on the chair. Funny girl. Oh well, at least we've figured out something that works. She also likes to hold one of her blankets at the same time.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails