Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What do you think of this?

In front of someones house, next to the park around the corner, is this sign. I have since seen signs that say Autistic child and blind child in St. Catharines.

I can understand that the community wants drivers by to be aware of children, especially those with a disability. However, directly labelling the child and posting a sign in front of your house. Yikes, I feel kind of funny about this, can't say I'm a fan. I've never seen this or heard of this sort of thing before.

Thoughts?....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's probably not a bad idea, particularly for a deaf child who may not notice a car approaching. It just helps drivers be a little more cautious.

Anonymous said...

I've seen them out here as well and I think they're probably a good idea. Though the ones I have seen have said, "Deaf Child Area" and I think it applies to the neighbourhood, not just the one house. I think that's a little better than posting a sign right in front of the individual's house.

Merry.

Anonymous said...

I have also seen them in Langley. Not right in front of someones house but as you enter a complex it says, "Deaf Child Area". I think this is a bit better as it does not directly label the child, but still warns drivers to beware.

Anonymous said...

that last one was form me.

Tammy

Related Posts with Thumbnails