Thursday, June 4, 2009

Growing and Showing...19 Weeks

I thought it was probably time to post a picture of me with baby. I always feel so funny taking these kind of pictures.

Yesterday I had a baby doctor’s appointment. I’m 19 weeks along now, hard to believe that we've hit the half way mark already (even though the first half goes by much faster than the last half). Anyways, all is well. The baby is growing and moving lots. The doctor says the baby has a strong heartbeat and that the ultrasound looked good, so I won't be going back for another ultrasound.

I’m glad to be feeling consistently better these days. I even stayed up past midnight the other day and felt good, this used to be a big no no for me since it made me feel very nauseous. Yahoo! The other week I started to be able to feel the baby move. After the nauseous feelings and fatigue it’s a great feeling to be able to start to feel the miracle of the little baby moving and growing inside me. Right now it’s just little movements and light kicks, but there’s no mistaking what it is. This morning was the first time I could feel the kicks with my hand on top of my belly. David tried to feel it, but of course the baby stopped as soon as he put his hand on my belly.

Other than that things are pretty normal. No big cravings to report. However, I have been a big fan of fresh fruit and veggies these past few months. It’s hard to say if it’s the pregnancy or just the availability and better prices of the produce. Whatever it is, at least it’s good for me and the baby. I have eaten a ton of strawberries and mangoes in the fruit department. As far as veggies go, I have been a huge fan of cucumbers and tomatoes. I eat about three long English cukes a week, by myself! Lots of salads for lunch, yum.

After being in Thyme and seeing capris for $55 plus tax, I was wondering what I was going to do in the maternity clothes department. The thought of David having to work 6 hours for me to get a pair of pants just doesn’t seem right. So the other day I checked out a consignment store in the area for maternity clothes. I was happy that I found a few pairs of quality capris for $6-8 each. So now I have some pants that fit (and I don’t have to have the top button undone).
I also posted an ad on Kijiji for maternity clothes, you never know. A woman my size & age responded and I bought a pair of pants, several shirts, a dress, a few skirts and even a bathing suit from her, all for $25, she even dropped them off! I was a little hesitant about the bathing suit, but since she was selling everything together it didn’t really matter. To my amazement, the tankini fits me perfectly and actually looks good, this is amazing since I have a hard time finding a good fitting bathing suit even when I’m not pregnant. So at least I’ve got some fitting clothes to wear now. I would still like to get a few more shirts/ tank tops, but there’s plenty of time for that.

2 comments:

Jackie Buitelaar said...

I bought most of my mat clothes at Ross in the States. Each clothing item was less than $10. Ross stores vary greatly based on location so keep that in mind. You look great!

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful with your little tummy. I can't believe you're halfway through already. Time sure flies...especially when I'm not the one who's pregnant! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails