Saturday, February 28, 2009

Using Up Fabric Scraps

IMG_2015

I hate throwing throwing away fabric, it seems like such a waste to me. When I sew I always try to use up every little scrap that I have so that all my garbage can fit in one fist. Surprisingly, I can usually accomplish this.

After working on several sewing projects I was left with a little pile of fabric that I couldn’t think of what to do with. I remembered back to seeing a photo of a little Kleenex cover somewhere on the internet (no clue where). So with three small pieces of fabric I figured it out and in less than 10 minutes voila! (The ones pictured are from some scraps from Sarah’s bedding). It was so easy and fast that I ended up making a bunch of them in less than an hour. I know that one is enough, but it was just too fun. A pack of 8 little Kleenex packages were only $1. at the dollar store around the corner and the fabric, well it’s scraps! Anyways, I thought they were kind of cute and fun for the purse.

I’m always on the look out for quick little projects to use up fabric scraps, any other ideas? I’ve checked the internet and it’s full of many “not so good” ideas like light switch covers, appliqué for clothes, book covers, etc- yikes! Quilts are still one of the best areas to use up little scraps.

IMG_2017

Yes, I know, I’ve got lots of time on my hands at the moment.

I’m loving it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What cute little covers! You are so talented...and I am so jealous. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails