Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back to my Hobbies

There's not a lot new around here these days. I've been enjoying having more of a schedule and things to be a part of each week. It's obvious that both Sarah and I thrive with some routine in our days. Our regular get togethers with baby group, care group, bible study and time out have all been awesome. This has also been key in relationship building for me. I am truly enjoying getting to know people better and having several people in our life here to connect with. We now feel like we're at the point where there are people that we can just call up to get together.

It continues to be cold and snowy here. For a couple of days I thought we may have a break from the snow. I was so wrong. I've never experienced so much snow in all my life. This morning it was -17 felt like -23, just a little chilly. Even Keisha runs outside to quickly do her business and then comes in the house right away. Poor dog seems to be finding the snow a little difficult as to where to go, driveway, deck, doesnt' seem to matter.

In between Sarah's nap yesterday and picking David up from school I managed to make it to the fabric store. Ah... the fabric store. There's nothing like the feeling of new crisp cottons and quilting ideas waiting to be discovered. I have a few projects that I've been eager to start, just needed the supplies. So now I think that I'm all set and ready to go. I've missed sewing and quilting so I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I spent some time today sketching out ideas and planning quilt blocks; it's just more fun than using an existing pattern.

On Tuesday's I've been enjoying going to "time out" where I've been working on Sarah's baby book. I've been debating how best to go about putting this together and think I've finally come to a conclusion. I decided to scrapbook a baby book with all the key info and firsts (much like a baby book that you would buy. I'm then making a book online of her first year, with all the extra photos and diary entries that I've written. It seems that I've just got to much stuff to include (photos, writing, etc). So I'm glad to be making progress in this area as well.

I've been enjoying playing with our new DSLR camera this week as well. I'm looking forward to spring when outside is a little more inviting. It will also be awesome to have the camera for our tirp out east. For now, Sarah remains our primary subject.

Other than that life goes on as usual. David is working hard at school and learning lots. Sarah continues to be quite the little busy body, crawling everywhere and getting into everything. Well that's about it for now. Back to my sewing planning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails