Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tonight’s Sunset

sunset

I was holding Sarah and walked by our front window when I saw this sunset. Beautiful! I haven’t seen a sunset like this in a long time. So I put Sarah in her crib, grabbed my shoes and camera and headed to our front porch (where this was taken). It was 6pm when I first noticed it, 6:02ish when I took the picture and by 6:10 the sky was completely dark. (You could say that I' am LOVING our new DSLR camera!)

The sunset reminded me of the importance of taking advantage and enjoying every moment in life. Things sure do pass by quickly. I think of Sarah and how fast the last 10 months have gone. I can’t believe that we’re coming up on our 10th wedding anniversary this year. Crazy.

I also can’t help but think how fast the last 6 months have gone since we moved to Ontario, David’s almost finished his first year of studies here –amazing! Speaking of David, he has been awarded a ticket to the CUVEE Gala at the end of February (Niagara wine awards and tastings). The tickets are normally $200. however 8 tickets are awarded to the students in the degree program and certificate program who have the highest GPA. Yahoo David! I couldn’t be more proud of him. He’s extremely excited, the news of his awarded ticket has made his week already.

We’re also really looking forward to our Caribbean cruise departing this Sunday. Financially, the timing isn’t great. However, we seek to plan for the future yet live in the present. So that’s just what we’re doing. So Feb. 14 is the last you will hear from me until our return. Anyways, hope you have a great night.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Way to go, David! So exciting! I hope you guys have a great time on your cruise...enjoy all the sunsets on the ocean too! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning sunset. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails