Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Goodnight Moon



Every night since Sarah was one month old, I have read or recieted the story Goodnight Moon to her. I thought it would be a nice way of building a little routine into bedtime. Most of the time I read/ recite the story to her while I'm feeding her. Sometimes it's just while I'm holding her in my arms before bed.

After reading the story every night for a month I had it memorized, which proved to be very useful during our move. I think it was nice for Sarah to always have something that was the same at bedtime, regardless of where we were or where she was sleeping. I like how the story is short and somehow I haven't got sick of telling it yet.

A few weeks ago Sarah started to show that she was listening as I would tell her the story. Even if I'm feeding her, she'll stop, look at me and just smile the entire time. Her lit up eyes and big grin make me feel like giggling as I read to her. It's become such a special little moment of my day. Interestingly, bedtime has always been very easy ever since we started with this little routine. At about 6:45 I feed her, read her the story, and then put her into her crib. She's always sleeping by 7:15.

On another note, Sarah and I are going to Abbotsford on October 6-13, that's less than a week away! We got a good flight so we decided to fly out to spend some time with our family and friends. Unfortunately, David can't come as he has mid terms and classes. I'm really looking forward to seeing my new niece, Chloe. We'll be staying at my mom’s place while we're out, which will be really nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think bedtime routines are key for kids of any age. Although the routine involves me less and less as the girls get older. :)

How terrific that you and Sarah get to go to Abbotsford for Thanksgiving! We'll be there too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails