Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Monday morning

So much for the days of sleeping in... a baby does indeed change everything (well almost). Mind you, without a baby I would be going to work in the morning and getting up at 6:30 to be out of the house by 7:30. Now I get up at around 7 and lay on the couch while Sarah plays and entertains herself after her feed. And if I'm feeling really lazy I can often put her back into her crib and she'll sleep for another hour and a half or so. I am trying to be good and not do that though, as I know it's best to keep her bed time and awake time consistent each day.
Oh well, the odd time doesn't really hurt though. So you could say that I'm getting more sleep with a baby than I did going to work.

For the past month Sarah's been waking once in the night, first teething then travelling then the time difference and now teething again, ughh. So now I'm just letting her fuss it out. She usually falls back to sleep after about a 1/2 hour or so, not too bad really, then wakes again at around 7am. She's always so happy in the morning!

This past weekend was pretty relaxed. On Friday evening we went to Lou and Vicky's (our landlors) son's hockey game. He's only nine, so it wasn't the most exciting game, but the kids were cute. I love how excited kids get in sports games. After each goal they all cheer each other on and give out high fives to everyone on their team. We then went over to Lou and Vicky's for the evening just to chat and relax.

On Saturday David had a wine tasting exam in the morning so Sarah and I took it easy at home together. In the afternoon we did some errands and shopping. In the evening our neighbour Cathy and her daughter Summer who is 9, came over to watch a movie with me while David played on the computer.

Yesterday, Sunday, we checked out Vineland MB Church. The people in the churches that we have gone to are all so friendly. The pastors have all come to talk to us, along with many different people in the congregation. I think that we'll probably go to this one again next Sunday. The one downer is that the church is nearly 20 minutes away, oh well.

It was so blustery yesterday! It was so... windy and rained hard off and on throughout the day. It was the perfect day to light some candles and stay indoors. We watched movies together, played on the computer and I did some sewing. I made Sarah a sleeping sack to wear for the cold nights. Now she can wear her 'footless' sleepers to bed and her feet will stay warm.

Anyways, that 's about it for now. It's amazing how the weeks just fly by, it will be Christmas before we know it!



1 comment:

Artisan Home said...

i love your blog about the preserves! good for you! makes me hungry for apple sauce!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails