Monday, October 6, 2008

A little bit of Christmas

I love Christmas! And just in case you were wondering, Christmas is just 80 days away! I love Christmas music, pretty much everything about Christmas. Every year I buy a new CD to add to my collection. The other day we were at Future Shop (David's favourite store, next to Costco) and I saw that Faith Hill had put out her first Christmas album. No thinking necessary, I had to buy it. So here I am, 80 days until Christmas, listening to my new Christmas CD. I know that the rule in our house has always been no Christmas music until after Halloween, but I'm cheating a little. Besides, with no one else in the house no one can complain (not that Erin or Brenda ever complained). Sarah is talking away, suppose she's enjoying the music too.

I'm already feeling disappointed that we won't be able to get a Christmas tree this year. Yesterday I was saying to David that this will be the first year since we were married that we won't got tromping through the field to look for a tree together. I love traditions and making special memories, so I'm sad that we won't be able to cut down our tree this year, especially with it being Sarah's first Christmas. I think I will still put up most of my decorations though.

This is indeed a new chapter in our lives. I'm looking forward to flying home to Abbotsford to spend Christmas with our family.

This evening Sarah and I are flying to Abbotsford. I'm so excited to be seeing family and friends again, it's just too bad that David has to stay behind for school. Anyways, I'll be staying at my moms from the 6th to 13th. Therefore, I probably won't post again until I return home. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Artisan Home said...

That's awesome! I was listening to Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong cd the other day and it totally helped Jadyn fall asleep for a nap! I love Christmas music too!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEE! Faith Hill has a Christmas CD???? Thanks for the tip Shari! I have to go out and get it! I bet it's awesome.....miss you guys :)

Jackie Buitelaar said...

I am soo sad I missed seeing you on Monday. I had a family gathering in Vancouver so we left at noon and were back only at seven. We will HAVE to get together at Christmas time...I have to see Sarah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails