Sunday, May 31, 2009

Treasures

“Mindless wandering guarantees that you’ll discover surprises along the way. If you set out to look for a certain bird, you’ll be disappointed and consider the day wasted if you don’t spot one. But when you mosey along and turn your attention to everything you see, whatever you find along the way will be a wonderful revelation.” From Better Homes and Gardens, Tom Brown from Tom Brown’s Field Guides

This pretty much sums up much of what we've been up to these days. With David working lots and me at home without a car most of the time, we've been going on lots of walks. Sarah loves it and Keisha can't get enough of it. I remind myself that at least I'm getting some exercise. The weather has been beautiful so it's nice to have something to do outside.
Last Sunday while out for a stroll we came across our first curbside treasure, a head and foot board for Sarah's new big bed. David happened to be home, so when we got back home we all set up to pick up the treasure. Only the footboard fit in the car, so David walked home holding the head board (pretty funny), thankfully it was only 10 minutes down the road. So we've added it to the "project" pile in the garage. I figured that I would wait a bit until I thought I had all the items that I wanted to paint white and then go for it all at the same time, it's just easier that way. I love how princess/ girly the frame is! The scalloped edges match the cabinet perfectly.


David was working yesterday again, as he does almost all Saturday's. So Sarah, Keisha and I set out to go for a walk, with the hopes of possibly finding some garage sales. We ended up finding three in walking distance. We've done this a couple of times already, so it just may be our new Saturday morning tradition. I got 12 jam size canning jars and some bath toys for Sarah, $2 well spent.
At the rate that we're going through the apple sauce that we canned last fall I figured that more jars can only be a good thing, especially with 2 kids! I'm so glad that Sarah loves it. Sure makes me glad we put the time in when we did, sure is paying off now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What terrific finds!

Related Posts with Thumbnails