Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pump it Up

When we moved to Ontario David had to get rid of his few weights, just too heavy to move. So a few months ago he asked me to start looking around for a cheap weight set for him. Being a student he isn't exactly getting much exercise and we don't have the money for a gym membership that he probably wouldn't use.

Last week I was looking on the Kijiji free ads for possible garden deals when I came across this gym set. It was posted just 8 minutes before I saw the ad so I figured we had a good chance. The good free stuff is always gone super fast! Amazingly, we got the set and my friend Kim (with a truck) was kind enough to help David pick it up. The guy was giving it away since he just wanted it gone in a hurry and now was working out at a gym. The set is in great condition and has nothing wrong with it.

The set was partly taken apart so we had to figure out how to put the puzzle back together. David was so excited! Even better than the weights that he was hoping to get. So now he's started using his new home gym and working out for homework breaks. We set it up facing the computer so that we would also have the option of watching a show while working out.

Yeah for free and Kijiji!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a steal!

M.R. Tumnus said...

Hi Shari, just in case you're wondering who Grandma J is, I'm Judy from MEI. Amazing the deal you got with Kijiji. On another note, my husband and I just rented a new release DVD "Bottle Shock" and I think you and David would enjoy it - based on a true story about California vintners 40 years ago and how their wine became known worldwide, well in France anyway. Genre would be comedy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails