Thursday, May 14, 2009

Little Alien Baby

Yesterday we had our ultrasound and were able to see the little life inside of me. It's amazing how much more real the ultrasound makes being pregnant! Not that surprisingly, our due date seems to be a little off. According to the size of the baby it looks like we're about 16.5 weeks along, making our new due date aprox October 28/29 (original dd was Oct 18), so a Halloween or November baby seems very possible, yikes! So it seems that our due date is on the vague side, not so good for planning on when my mom should come out to meet baby and help us out.

The ultrasound tech said that my doctor has been sending in several women this past week that were a little too early along for the ultrasound (odd since he's a baby doctor). He told me to make the appointment already since we did not want to find out the gender. So the ultrasound tech wan't able to quite get all the measurements that she wanted, said we should have come in at 20 weeks. Since the gov only covers one ultrasound unless it is a high risk pregnancy she said that we would possibly have to pay for another one, or our doctor would have to call us "high risk" in order to get another free one. Or he could just let it be if he's content with all the information found. Anyways, from what she said I didn't get the idea that we were at all high risk, so that made me good. We'll have to wait and see if we need another ultrasound.

So it seems that we have another busy baby. The tech said that the baby was extrememly active, moving and flipping constantly throughout the exam. She also said that it has a stready strong heartbeat. It's so amazing to be able to see such a tiny baby, such a miracle!

This pic is of the baby laying down and looking downward. The spine is easy to spot and from there you can see the legs turned in and the shape of the head.

This pic is of the baby looking forward (the alien picture), you can see the forehead, nose and eye spots. You can also see the arms at the side of the baby's body.


I've been feeling a bit better the last few days which has been nice. I'm also facing the reality that my body is growing and changing. On Sunday morning when I went to put on something nice to wear I felt suddenly surprised that nothing fit right, some shirts didn't even cover up my growing belly, yikes! It's amazing how one day everthing can seem to fit just fine and then the next everything has changed. So it was time to wash all my maternity clothes and start replacing much of my clothes. Since I had Sarah in the spring, my maternity clothes are almost all winter, longsleeved shirts, etc. So I will need to be buying some new shirts, tank tops, capri pants, etc.
Sarah's walking lots and continues to be curious about everything. David's off work until Wednesday so we've got some family time to figure out what to do with. The sun has been shining and it's been quite warm so we've enjoyed being outside more. I think it's time to plant the garden this weekend.

2 comments:

KPetrie said...

lol I won't forget your due date! It's the same day as my very good friends!

Anonymous said...

Aren't ultrasound pictures amazing? I love how you can actually see your baby's features, especially the spine. So cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails