Saturday, September 11, 2010

Transitions for Sarah

Change is in the air for little Sarah.

Yep, we're doing away with diapers (finally). I never knew I would feel so proud when she went on the potty for the first time. It was a celebration indeed! The last couple of days have have their challenges in the potty training department, hopefully success will fully be ours soon. I've got high hopes for this weekend. I'm just so happy that she actually wants to be wearing her panties. We've actually had a couple of "fights" over diapers. She'd go into her room take a diaper and try to put it on herself since I refused. There's been a lot of nakedness the past few days.

Sometimes we as parents need some good incentive to get into gear. My incentive...nursery school! Sarah is all signed up and will be starting this Tuesday. It is the cutest little nursery school/ preschool that I have ever seen! I am so... excited! She'll be attending Tuesday and Thursday mornings each week. I didn't even think she was old enough when I called to inquire this past Monday, but she just makes it. Since they have Junior kindergarten in Ontario, preschool type programs start earlier. We've already had a visit to the school to meet the teacher and have been to the first parent meeting.

We think nursery school will be excellent for Sarah's language and social development. The school is less than a 10 minute walk which is perfect since we only have the one car (which I never have). I'm thrilled to have two mornings a week with just Calvin. Most of this time he naps, so this will be great for getting in some "me time" as well as card time, especially with the holidays just around the corner. Since the nursery school is a coop we were actually able to afford it as well (just $75 month). This means that it involves more participation on the parents part (monthly volunteering, helping fundraise, etc). These are all things I would want to do anyways, so it works out great.

Yesterday we got a call from the Niagara Speech department and they want to start Sarah's speech program on Friday. So there's one more thing to add to the list. She has about 5-7 sessions that they want her to go through this fall.

We're excited that things are falling into place for our little girl. I think that I'm going to love this whole "school" stage. I was missing my teaching days this past week; walking into the nursery school was the best medicine. I look forward to continuing to encourage Sarah as she grows and learns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you the potty training. The best tip I can give you is to be consistent.

I'm sure Sarah will love nursery school. She's so social that I bet she'll have the time of her life!

Related Posts with Thumbnails