Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunday

Yesterday felt like our first busy day here -with people!

We checked out Scott Street MB church in the morning. I don't think I have ever been at a church where I felt so welcomed, especially with not knowing anyone (reminded us a lot of Bakerview). So many people were introducing themselves and greeting us, including pastors and staff members. There happened to be a luncheon after the service that we were invited to stay for as well. It was nice to chat with other people in our age range and find out more about the church. We've decided to check out a couple more churches before we settle anywhere. While the people were friendly and wonderful the church was a little old school. We were so glad to have such a positive experienec though.

At 3:00 Sarah and I went to a Pampered Chef party put on by my second cousins Christy and Bonnie. I didn't buy anything but it was nice to meet some new people and get to know Christy and her family. Her and her husband have the most adorable three children (5, 3 and almost 2)! I think my heart may have melted a little when Kaleb (3) called me auntie Shari and kept wanting to sit beside me and hold my hands. Then it made me miss home too. Especially knowing that I haven't even met little Chole yet.

I also met Christy's parents, John and Elaine, which are my dads cousins. Anyways, I am convinced my family are some of the nicest people and feel so blessed to be able to get to know the ones out here. I also can't believe how much the men look alike. John looks so much like his brothers and really reminded me of my dad. It's amazing how being with family can put ones heart at ease and give oneself a feeling of home again.

At 6 the men arrived, including David, and Jeff and Bonnie's two daughters. We all had pizza together for dinner and spent the evening just chatting. Sarah is so good! I can just put her down wherever we are and she goes to sleep. We got home at around 9, watched a couple of TV episodes and then headed for bed. And now another week begins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe Shari I started crying when I read your comment about Chloe. I can't wait for you to meet her! Neither can Andy of course. Christmas just won't come fast enough!

Related Posts with Thumbnails