Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

The above photo was taken at the airpor just before we left to Ontario.



Today is my mom’s birthday. I adore my mom! I love our closeness and the way that we can say anything to each other. I treasure the openness and honesty in our relationship. My mom is an amazing person. She is one of those people with a heart of gold. She always believes the best in people, even when I think that there’s not much to believe in. She’s always ready to give people the benefit of the doubt. She is positive, caring and sincerely kind. There are things that can drive me crazy about her, but they are all things that help make her who she is, so I wouldn’t change anything. I really do admire my mom.

I have always had a close relationship with my mom but I have truly appreciated how our relationship has grown and changed this past year. When Sarah was born she would come over every 2 to 3 days (sometimes more often). We wanted her to be able to see her granddaughter as much as possible before we moved away and while she was teeny tiny. She was more than happy to see Sarah and we were more than happy to spend time with her. I know I will always treasure the chats on the couch, walks and the memories that we made together during that time.


Since we’ve moved I have loved talking to her on the phone about every other day. I have loved how connected I feel to her and how connected she has helped me feel to life back in BC with family, etc. I truly appreciate the times that she takes to give me a call or a quick e-mail to say hello, it has meant so much to me. Sometimes I wonder if I would talk to her as much if we were still living in Abby. I think that I would, there would just be more visits in person.


Mom, I will always cherish our friendship and the relationship that I have with you. I feel honoured to have you as my mom and honoured that you are our daughter’s Oma. You are an incredible woman of faith! Birthday blessings to you! Wishing you a fantastic year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had a soft spot for your mom since I was a little girl. She's one of the nicest people I know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails