Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Decorations

In just 2 days we'll be back in BC! We're so excited to see all of our family and friends! It will be a very different Christmas for us since we'll be the guests and not the hosts. We love having people over, so this has been an adjustment for us. I have to admit that I am looking forward to the whole guest thing though.

I have debated if I should take our Christmas stuff down before we leave or when we come back. However, since my 2nd cousins will be staying at our place while we are gone I thought I would leave it all up. It will also be nice to come home to when we get back from BC.

Since you can't come over I thought I would post a few pics of our house at Christmas.



My Nativity set! I love Nativity sets. My mom has been giving me parts of this Willow Tree set for the last couple of years. I've got several different kinds of Nativity sets that I didn't set up this year due to space and knowing that we're leaving. Perhaps next year Sarah will enjoy setting them all up and playing with the figurines, just as we did when we were kids.


I love Santas! Pretty much every year I get a new Santa (often as a gift) to add to my collection. My first 2 Santas were gifts from my friend Kristy, and then they just kept coming. I have several others that aren't pictured here.



Stockings! Poor Sarah has no stocking this year, just us and Keisha. Since I am particular and like things to match I think I'll just have to make a bunch of new matching ones. I think I'll make a few extra while I'm at it so that I am prepared for more possible children in the future. No sense doing the work twice.

Well we're heading out for the day. There's snow on the ground, just enough to be pretty and not enough to cause bad driving conditions, my favourite. We're planning on going north on a little road trip, we'll see what adventures we'll have. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorations!
Have a marvelous time in BC. :)

Nancy Skeels said...

I think I'm going to be making stockings this year too. When you used to do yours at school, where did you get all the fabric from? (I loved some of those cool upholstery ones.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails