Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Today was Chinese New Year! Check out our lovely lantern hanging over the table. I feel like our home suddenly became very "Asian" with this lantern up. I wanted to get the kids excited for Chinese New Year and figured we should have some kind of symbol in our home to signify this holiday.

This morning David left on a business trip to Sonomoa, California. He's going to wine convention and then has to do some buying for the winery. So I'm on my own with the kids for the week. Boo.

Today my mom came over and helped play with the kids and even washed our floors (score!!). I was finally able to get totally caught up on the laundry and get the heaps of clothes in our room sorted and put away. The kids and I made cupcakes for dessert (talk about a huge motivator to eat their dinner). Once they were all finally in bed I finished up a couple of card orders, worked on cleaning off files on the computer and did some more cleaning up downstairs. Now to face the night. Calvin's been coming in our room again during the night, which means I'm getting up way more often than I should. In fact, I know that he's sleeping in our bed at this very moment. So that means carting him off to his bed and then hopefully getting a couple hours of sleep before Lauren wakes up. Oh, good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel exhausted just thinking about your week alone without David. Hope it goes by quickly for you!

Concrete Mixing said...

whoah this blog is fantastic i love reading your posts. Keep up the good work! You know, lots of people are hunting around for this information, you can aid them greatly.

- Bitumen Sprayer | Mini Bitumen Sprayer | Mini Concrete Mixer

cab services in ahmedabad said...

Hey, that’s a clever way of thinking about it.

- luxury bus rentals | luxury minibus hire | tour bus rentals

Related Posts with Thumbnails