Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rhubarb Cobbler


I've come to think that Rhubarb is a necessity in the backyard garden. It's not something that we eat often, however it's one of the first things that's ready to eat in the late spring. It reminds me that summer is coming, as well as all the other garden goodness. We've also already enjoyed fresh parsley and chives from our yard. I'm surprised how disappointed I am that I have to leave all our perennials behind. I planted all the tiny plants when we first moved here, and now they're all thriving and doing well. Sometimes I wonder where we'll live next and if I'll be able to have a garden there. Time will tell.



Sarah was a big fan of the rhubarb but Calvin didn't really know what to think of it.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I love rubharb!!!! I would bake with it all the time if I had some growing in a backyard. yummy :)
-laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails