Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Go Away Rain

We're all feeling pretty ready for summer. We had a few really nice days last week but then the rain and cooler weather decided to come. Boo. I feel like I'm in Abbotsford, but without family and friends. It's time to move.

Anyways...here's a couple random pics of the kids from the other day. Calvin loves climbing into bed with Sarah when she wakes up from her naps. Sarah isn't usually a big fan of this.

A few evenings ago David and I were watching a movie while the kids were "sleeping." We heard some crying so I went upstairs to check it out. When I got into Sarah's room, she stopped crying looked at me and said, "it's raining." I replied, "yes it is raining." This all seemed like a big deal to her, but I tucked her back in and all was well.

This evening, we heard a door open and footsteps upstairs. So again, I went to check it out. Sarah was in the kitchen telling me that it was raining. David came up as well and we both listened to her telling us to look outside since it was raining. David opened up the door so that Sarah could get a better look at the rain. She immediately started to yell, "Go away Rain!" several times in a row. After a few minutes, I took her back to bed. We had a little snuggle under the blankets since she said she was scared of the rain. Such sweet little moments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are feeling the same way. We've had enough rain too! Winter felt like it lasted soo long this year. Luckily today is sunny and so was yesterday. It is SO nice. Hopefully the ground can start drying soon.

Yesterday we were at superstore, and as we walked by the top floor window, Sophia glanced down to the ground floor and yells; "there's Sarah!!" I looked out to see and there walking on the ground floor was two little girls who looked like Sarah from the top of their heads with their Dad! I guess we are all missing you too! Can't wait for a playdate!

Enjoy the sun!!
Andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails