Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No news

It feels like everytime I talk to someone, the same questions always come up. "So does David have a job lead yet, do you know where you're moving to?" No and no. These aren't things that we would keep secret from people, when we know we'll tell you.

For now, we're just planning to make the move out west at the beginning of August. Ideally, this would be to a location where David has a job lined up. However, if he doesn't have a job we would likely head to Abbotsford for the time being. Regardless of where we move to, we plan to at least visit Abbotsford in August. I can't believe it's already been a year since we've been out!

It's a really strange feeling to have no idea where we're going to be in a matter of just 3 months. We aren't sure about the city or even the country necessarily. Since (lucky me) is the admin/ PR person in the family, I've been doing most of the job searching so far. Part of me just wants to look for jobs in the Okanagan region of BC. However I have full faith that God will send us where he wants us to go, and therefore don't want to limit him or just look where "I" want to go. Therefore, David has started applying to jobs in Washington, California and yes, the Okanagan. There isn't a lot out there at the moment, therefore we must wait and be patient. I know that there is the "perfect" job out there for him, it's just a matter of when and where. So we've started to pack, even though we don't know where we're going. We hesitate in picking a moving date and deciding how we're going to move, especially since we don't have a destination. A lot can change in 3 months.

David is now finished the 4 year degree part of his schooling and is just working on his thesis. I am so... proud of him for being this close to done. It's funny how at the beginning of this kind of journey, 5 years feels like a long time. And then all of the sudden you're at the end and it seems like the time has just gone by. I am so excited for David and our family, I know that we're about to start another wonderful chapter in our lives. When we have news, we'll tell you. We can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I'm hoping that you'll move to the Okanagan, but I'll be praying for God's direction.

Jonathan said...

yeah you will be in abbotsford for august!!!!!! so excited :)
laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails