Friday, July 16, 2010

The Blankie


Sarah LOVES her blankets! She has many that she loves and sleeps with. In fact she has a pile of blankets in her bed. She loves the corners of her blankets and sucked the corners so much that they became dingy and disgusting. So I cut almost all the corners off. This made many of the blankies loose their appeal. This was the last blanket with corners. So I figured I would be nice by taking apart the blanket, cutting off the edges and resewing it. It was VERY hard to do this with Sarah around, but since Calvin was napping I had to seize the moment. Sarah was laying under the blanket almost the whole time I was cutting it and pinning it. The only way I was able to sew it up quick, was to put Dora in for a few minutes to distract.
Ah... the blanket has been made new again. A little smaller but still just as good. Thankfully Sarah seemed to stop sucking on the corners once I resewed the blanket. Perhaps she just doesn't want to go through such an experience again. Kids...

1 comment:

Ana said...

Ethan does the same thing! But only with his soft small "Binkie" , not his main blanket. I have cut the corners off, then Mark's Mom will finish the edge again, and he continues to suck the corners!

Related Posts with Thumbnails