Thursday, October 15, 2009

Huge Book Sale...fun, fun!


This afternoon we went to the Book Depot's fill a box sale, which happens four time a year. There is a huge warehouse full of every different kind of book and you can fill a box for $30.00. All of the books are new, some have an imperfection, mark, etc. David and I had both been looking forward to the sale for quite some time, so we were pretty excited. It was a little overwelming due to the sheer quantity of books and how they were just stacked on tables; but it was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Sarah happily sat in the cart looking at books and playing the musical books over and over again. I thought it was pretty cute how she set up the books so that she could look at several at once. Once we got home we realized there were several kids books in our box that we didn't put there. Sarah would often pick up a book and throw it in the box, so we know where those came from.

While we were browsing around I couldn't help but think of our "reader" friends and wished they could have joined us. Rachel, Dan, Matt, Libby, mom, you would have loved this sale!


I was excited to get three different slow cooker cook books, something that I've wanted to get for quite some time. They worked out to about 75 cents each so I was pretty thrilled. I love using the crock pot. And with fall here and baby on the way, I look forward to putting my crock pot to very good use in the months ahead.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! So jealous! You ALWAYS find the deals!!!

Donna said...

man would I love to go to a sale like that!

Ana said...

Sounds Fun! And such a good deal too! Oh, the treasures!

Anonymous said...

A sale like that would be like a little slice of heaven to me too!

The Williams Five said...

Wow, great sale... wish we could import all those books to our school in Uganda. 30 bucks a cart is unbelievable...

Related Posts with Thumbnails