Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Family Photos


Getting good family photos is quite the task, especially with Sarah. When Calvin was born a photographer in the area took Calvin's photos as well as a family shot. Well, the photo turned out badly for many reasons (bad background, poor editing, positioning, etc). I don't love the classic set up in the studio/ Sears style photos. I always tend to go for the more relaxed real look, even though that's set up too. Anywyas, Calvin still wasn't in our large livingroom frame. I have been determined to change this. My cousin Melody (a great photographer in BC) did our photos when Sarah was born and I loved them. Since we don't live around Melody and we don't want to spend the money on a pro photographer at the moment it was up to us. David wasn't too enthusiastic with this, but I persisted.

The following photos were actually taken at four different times over a 2 week stretch, like I said, persistance. I took the ones of the kids. Calvin while Sarah was sleeping, Sarah while Calvin was sleeping and then the two of them together. We set ourselves up for the family shots and then Laura took the photos while they were out. I did the editing in the end, just touching up contrast, brightness and saturation.

Here are some of my favourites from the MANY photos taken.











Lastly, the classic looking at the camera shot. All in all, not bad. We'll be able to update our livingroom frames at last. Thanks to a little patience, persistence, and most of all, Laura.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great shots! I love the more natural, relaxed photos too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails