Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another Day with the Munchkins

Since my days seem to revolve around our little munchkins all I could think of posting was some pics and thoughts from today. These days we have been taking more walks to the Early Years Centre in the mornings. There's lots of ride on toys and areas for kids to play. Sarah loves being with the other kids and playing in the different play areas. I find that going out for an hour or so in the morning also helps pass the time more quickly. We've also been playing a lot of Play Dough these days. Sarah loves it and it's a good intentional way to play and use vocabulary. I'm really enjoying her age right now! It's much easier to play with her and so enjoyable to see her learning so much! It's great to be able to spend some quality time alone with her every morning while Calvin is sleeping.

After a long adjustment time Sarah is finally down to one nap a day. She had a hard time giving up that morning nap and so her nap schedule was a litte off for awhile. She now eats her lunch at 11:45 and then goes straight to bed. She sleeps for about 3-3.5 hours most days, which is so... nice for me.

During the past couple of weeks I have also been working on Calvin's new napping schedule. He's past the newborn napping stage and is up for longer periods of time and needs to be fed less often (thank goodness). So Calvin is now having two good naps a day (about 2 hr each, one overlapping with Sarah) and sometimes has a little cat nap around dinner time. He's also only been waking up once in the 12 hour night (usually around 3 am). I'm thrilled with this; we have an evening without kids and I'm getting my sleep. All in all, I'm feeling really good about the kids schedules. Sarah is also eating much better, making meal times much less frustrating.

Sarah loves these little Ritz crackers with the cheese in the middle. She likes to pull them apart and eat one cracker at a time. I guess this is also how she'll like to eat oreo's one day.
So happy with herself!
He had to Learn the Hard Way: I just have to share a tid bit from tonight's experience with the kids. David has often tried to give Sarah a bit of his hot sauce or hot food to try. I am constantly telling him that it's too hot for her and that she won't like it. Tonight, there was 5 minutes until the lovely 7 pm bedtime. Both kids were ready for bed. I went to put Calvin in his crib and returned to the living room to find that Sarah had thrown up all over the carpet.
What happened?? David told me that he gave Sarah some of his hot as in spicy soup to try. As soon as it entered her mouth she projectile threw up. I just shook my head and left the room. Without questions or comments David worked to clean up the carpet. No offer of help from me on this one. So I'm hoping that a lesson has been learned.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

oh david....you and your hot foods!Do you think sarah will start questioning whether she actually wants to eat what david offers her now?

Jonathan said...

that last comment was from me...

laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails