Monday, August 9, 2010

Moments in Motherhood


This morning we had to bring Keisha to the vet (possible bladder infection or stones). Walking and an appointment with both kids, single stroller (barely fits in the vet office) and dog is no fun activity. Sarah would only walk part of the time and the other times whine and go limp. This often resulted in me having to carry or drag her, push the stroller and hold the leash. Every person that saw us (there and back) made a comment about how I had my hands full, etc. Once we were at the vet office she was trying to go everywhere and get into everything. When it was time to leave she decided she didn't want to come since it was more fun to play with the rabbit, cat and dog. Most days this walk/ experience would have been fine. However, today Sarah was in an especially independent and unpleasant mood. Goody.
By the time we got home I felt like I was going to lose it! It's moments like these that make me think that 2 kids is plenty for our family. It's amazing how irrated and angry the little ones that we love can make us feel.
Thankfully I had made Spaghetti last night for David's lunch. There were lots of leftovers so getting the kids meals toghether was easy. I was still feeling irritated from the whole morning vet ordeal when I looked over at Sarah. She was sitting in her chair, hands folded, eyes closed and praying for her food. My heart melted. This was the first time that she had actually done this fully on her own. And just like that, everything seems ok again. This is one of the moments that I will always remember and treasure.
Some moments are bad, some are good. Every moment passes. We try to remember the good moments and forget the bad ones.
Calvin eating his lunch. Such a mess, but yet so darling at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh shari...I do love this entry of yours. so sweet that she was praying on her own! It's good to have and dwell on those moments :)

laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails