Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Website...Dolcetto Designs

As many of you have probably noticed (thanks to facebook) I've finally got my new website up and running! www.dolcettodesigns.com. What a lot of work that was! The hardest part was figuring out how to do it all and where to go, especially for a fair/ reasonable price and a good product. I'm really happy that I got it figured out and actually did it all myself. David is the computer guy in our house so this was actually pretty surprising for me.

I was amazed how tedious the whole process was. Each photo on the site had to be resized to a low resolution image before it could be uploaded, every product had to be entered in seperately. Just when I thought I had figured everything out I would discover something new or be asked a new question that I would have to come up with an answer for.

I have really appreciated the use of my last site for the past couple of months. I have learned so much in this time and have been able to answer questions for my site that I didn't even know I previously had.

With the new site up, now it's just a matter of filling orders and creating new designs when I have the time. I still have lots of ideas that I would like to incorporate into the site and blog, but there's lots of time for that. Now that I've spent all my profits on the website, graphics and a large stock of envelopes it's time to start making some money. This week I'm completing two large wedding orders; very exciting for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new name and new site! Good job! As a mom to 2 teenage girls I'm hoping that somewhere down the line you'll have some awesome card designs to suit that demographic.

Jackie Buitelaar said...

I think your business idea is pretty genious! I think the profits will come in before you know it! We will keep it in mind for Christmas...the tricky part is getting good pictures with Adri...she is sooo active! Your photo tips are really helpful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails