Monday, September 28, 2009

36 Weeks...Counting Down


Time is flying by! Today I had my 36 weeks appointment, now it's appointments every week...hate that part. All is well. My doctor is so... relaxed about everything. Today I finally asked him to actually measure me since all he normally does is weigh me, listen to the baby's heartbeat and feel my stomach. He said I'm measuring a little on the small side, but no worries.

So I thought it was time to post some pics again, I have indeed grown and become more uncomfortable. This baby continues to be a mover! I am sleeping well, it just takes me a little longer to get comfortable and fall asleep. However, I'm one of those people who falls asleep pretty much instantly normally, so this is not a big deal. By the end of the day I'm feeling pretty tired. I've actually had a nap the last three days in a row, which is really odd for me. However, I thought it was probably a good idea to start taking advantage of the down time I have to rest and relax. It's also wishful thinking that I might be able to train my body to nap better, especially once the baby is here. You never know.

David and I are both getting excited and looking forward to meeting our little mystery person. Will we have a boy or a girl? What will he/ she look like? Similar to Sarah or very different? We'll just have to wait and see.

It's kind of funny since I'm in no big hurry to get this baby out at the moment. I think the memories of labour are still a little strong in my mind, therefore no part of me is looking forward to this inevitable experience. I'm also aware of the reality of waking up in the night, all those feedings, constant diaper changes, etc. Sometimes I wonder what we were thinking having our kids so close together (not that we thought it would happen as it did, but we knew it was a possibility). Sarah's now at such a great age, and now we're heading back to the baby stage. I know it will all be good and work out; I'm just really aware of the reality that will be hitting us soon enough.

If you haven't filled out our baby pool yet and would like to, now is the time. Just visit http://bebepool.com/saysomsacks There's a Starbucks gift card in it for the winner. It's been fun seeing what people think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or has this pregnancy just flown by? Probably just me. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails