Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not many new posts these days

Yep, haven't been posting much these days, so I thought I would write a little something. Between playing with Sarah, having different guests for the past couple of weeks, David being home now, working on card orders, madly working on my website now that our guests are gone and me dog sitting 2-3 times each day there has not been a lot of time or energy for posting on the family blog.

Everyone is doing good. Sarah continues to be a little rascal, into everything, yet still an incredible sleeper. She continues to sleep 2.5-3 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and goes to bed from 7-7. We are blessed. It's amazing how you can love your child(ren) so much yet look forwwrad to their bedtimes so much as well, I've always thought that was odd. The other day she decided to walk off the couch and gashed her ear, it looks pretty good already thankfully. In the same afternoon she was walking from our rec room to the downstairs kitchen area, fell on the tile and chipped one of her front teeth. Poor girl, we are continually amazed with her pain tolerance and ability to shake it off and go again.

I've been feeling great. Can't believe we're almost 32 weeks along already, where has the time gone?!? Actually a little scary. I would say my excitement for this baby is about the same as my first pregnancy, however my focus is very different. With the first one you read the What to Expect book weekly and take in every new and special moment. This time around it feels like the pregnancy is just happening and life is just going on as normal. I suppose that's the difference when you already have a little one to care for. We have an empty room for the baby but still need to get the bassinet and other items figured out and set up.

I must admit that this one is very active. Sarah was very active, but this one seems to be constantly moving. Could be interesting. I'm down to doctor's appointments every 2 weeks now, yahoo (with sarcasm). All seems well. I just broke the 150 mark this week, the doctor says I seem on the smaller side, so who knows. So far we have our full girl name picked out but have no first name if it's a boy, we better get on that soon.

My business is coming along well. I've reinvested all the profits, and now it's time to start making some money. I have felt "risk" as I have created a new website and put money into advertising. There are no guarantees. Let's hope that things pay off. I'm excited to launch my new site this coming week and see what happens.

This afternoon we went to the Book Depot here in St. Catharines. It's a place that I've wanted to visit for a long time now and for some reason we just hadn't (David always thought it would be no good). Anyways, it's a massive book warehouse with lots of incredible deals. I wanted to bring my cousin Debbie there when she was out to visit but we didn't get around to it. Now I feel like I let her down, since the place was pretty much amazing. Tons of books all at great deals. We were in there for nearly 2 hours and didn't even see everything. The children's book selection was incredible as well, not to mention the Christian literature area. It's a place we'll be going back to in the near future.

Also a very Happy Birthday to our niece Chloe who just turned one yesterday! Wish we could go to her party tomorrow!

And a big congratulations to our sister in law Libby, who just got hired as a full time teacher at MEI middle school. We couldn't be happier for you! You've worked really hard for this, we are so thrilled for you!

Our little munchkin dumping out her toy bin. She's making an odd face here. I don't have any brand new photos, so this is from a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails