Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quebec Bound


With David's classes, the uncertainty of his co op position and not much extra funds, we decided it would be best to hold off on our big roadtrip out east. That said, we still wanted to have an adventure somewhere. So David made it up to me to choose a destination that filled 5 days and make a plan. Planning always seems to be my department in our marriage, he' more of the idea man. Well the plan is to leave first thing Friday morning and come back late Tuesday evening since David has a class on Wednesday.

Since our first destinations on the big trip were Montreal and Quebec City I figured this would be an excellent little holiday for us. The drive from where we live to Montreal is 7 hours, so Friday will be a long day. I was able to find a great looking 1 bedroom apartment right in Montreal that only costs $50 a night for all of us. I love the idea of having our own space rather than being in a hotel or B&B, not to mention that it's much cheaper. I think that it will also be a better option travelling with a one year old. We're going to spend 2 nights inMontreal and then drive 3 hours to Quebec City.

I was also able to find a great looking apartment in the lower city for $150 for 2 nights. We'll be 2.5 km from the entrance of old Quebec city, which we figure is close enough, especially given the savings in accomodations. We're looking forward to checking out the markets, walking through the old towns, seeing the historical sights, not to mention eating lots of poutine! Can't wait.
We'll have a 10 hour drive home in the end, which I'm sure will have to include many stops and will be a VERY long day. Oh well, at the moment I would rather have a long car ride than a long wait at an airport, flight, etc. We'll see if I think any different after the trip. Just 2 more sleeps, can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful little trip. We're hoping to go to Montreal next month but are still waiting to hear back from the pastors we're going there to meet. I wish we lived close enough to drive, like you. Flights are SO expensive!

Related Posts with Thumbnails