Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Wishing you a very happy Easter! Being in Ontario, this Easter has felt very different than ones before. We were so blessed to have my mom be with us for Easter, Sarah's birthday and the nine days that she's been out. I'm sad that she goes home tomorrow, at least we'll see her again in just 2 months.

On Good Friday we coloured eggs. Sarah is obviously a little young for this but my mom brought an egg decorating kit from BC and insisted that we had to colour eggs for Sarah's first Easter. Since I've always loved this tradition I didn't object.


On Saturday we spent the day in St. Jacobs. We had a great time taking my mom to the Farmers Market and showing her around the town. It was a full day since we had to be back home by 5:30 to go to our family Easter get together at Matt and Kristi's. We also had a little party for Sarah's birthday there. Aunt Bonnie made Sarah a special bear cake and she had several gifts to unwrap. We feel truly blessed to have such wonderful family out here.
On Sunday morning we all went to church for the special Easter production. It was a great service about being broken and how this can result in beauty. After church we went home and Sarah had her nap. When she woke up she enjoyed a little chocolate Easter bunny (well...part of the ears).


She's got the wrapper off, now enjoying the good stuff!

Sarah got a special stuffed bunny from Oma (1 more for the bunny collection!)

In the afternoon Mom, Sarah and I went to the Bird Kindom in Niagara Falls. It's an open aviary where the birds are free to fly around. I'll post a seperate post on that. Sarah got her picture taken with the Easter bunny. (Once again, just had to ask to use our own camera, saved 5 bucks)


This is what Sarah actually thought of the Easter bunny... a little scary!
Today Mom, Sarah and I spent the day together while David studied and wrote an exam. I couldn't believe that he actually had an exam on Easter Monday. Oh well. This evening my second cousin Tim (my dad's cousin and grandma's nephew) took us all out for dinner. We hadn't yet met this side of my extended family in St. Catharines so it was great to make another connection. It sure is something being menno, I feel like I just keep finding more and more family. How much family do I really have?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails