Monday, August 27, 2012

Portland


Last week we went to Portland to see some of David's family and enjoy the sights.


The kids loved the Wii


We had to check out VooDoo doughnuts while in Portland!  We had maple and bacon doughnuts for breakfast!  They were actually pretty good.



We spent the evening with Marselline (David's aunts neice on the other side of the family), she showed us around Paris 5 years ago. 


This is where we ate dinner that evening.  I LOVE these kinds of lights, these moments make me feel happy. The next day we headed to the Farmers Market.  I love markets!  Sometimes I think I could wander around markets all day.





Next stop was the toy store. Auntie gave each of the kids a red envelope so we told them they could each pick out ONE toy.  Calvin had a really hard time deciding what dinosaur to buy (he went with the brontosauraus)

 

Then it was time for lunch.  David and I love the Food Network and have often seen them feature the food trucks in Portland.  One of our recent travel magazines also noted Portland as the best city in the WORLD for street fare.  We weren't disappointed!  If anything there was way too much to chose from.  I don't have much pics of this since we were either looking for food, eating or just keeping track of our kids.  If you like food, check out Portland's food trucks!

 
After lunch we headed to Powell's Books.  The book store is an entire city block!

 


And just a couple of pics of our kids with David's aunt (from Paris)





 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! If I ever went into that book store I don't know if I could leave.

Related Posts with Thumbnails