Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Week in Review

It's funny how time can just get away on you. I realized that other day that I hadn't posted in almost a week, and for me that's a long time. So what have we been doing?

Well, my website's host's server crashed last weekend meaning that my site was down or not working from noon Saturday-noon Tuesday. This created a bit of stress, especially as people were emailing me to tell me they wanted to order but couldn't. In the end the site was restored and I had about 6 hours of work to add images and information that were deleted in the crash. So that wasn't very much fun and took up my computer time at the beginning of the week. I'm happy that all is well again and things are back on track. I've decided to keep the "shop" open while we're out in BC for digital orders only. I didn't think it would be a good idea to totally close for 2 weeks. That means that I also had to copy all my files onto our laptop and create extra back up discs. This is something I wanted to do anyways, it was just a good reason to get it done. I've been thrilled with the consistency and growth of business that I've had so far.

I've been taking the kids to the Early Years Centre a lot these days. We went 3 mornings this week. Sarah loves it and it passes those couple of hours before lunch and nap time. There's circle time as well, which has been good for her language development.

On Tuesday I took Sarah to a speech assessment appointment. She doesn't say a lot and what she does say doesn't sound quite right. I was a little concerned so I made a free assessment appointment for her a couple of months back. In the end they concluded that she has moderate speech delays. She has about 15 words when she should have about 150-200 words, so you get the idea. So she has been put on a 6 month waitlist for speech therapy. If at that time, she has caught up and all is well then she's removed from the list. If not, we start regular speech therapy. So we'll see what happens. We're not worried or discouraged. Every child/ person has something or things to work on, no one is perfect. I never taught a student who didn't have any struggles. Looks like speech may be one of Sarah's struggles, so we'll work on it, give her the extra help she needs and go with it.

Calvin got his second tooth yesterday. He went from rolling last week to full out army crawling a few days later. He's now able to pull himself along the floor to get to where he wants to go, which is usually a toy or book. I thought it was difficult to child proof a home when Sarah was this age. Well... this is much more difficult since Sarah keeps moving things around and putting papers and small toys on the floor in his reach. The idea of having a child proof home is truly impossible in my opinion.

Tomorrow we have to back our bags and get ready for our trip to BC as we leave on Monday! We're super excited to go, just not looking forward to the travelling part. We've got some mini events and get togethers planned for while we're there so I'm happy about that. I think it will be a pretty relaxed trip, especially since there isn't a big holiday or event happening while we're out. Can't wait to see everyone!

1 comment:

Jackie Buitelaar said...

I am looking forward to seeing you too! Adrianna is on the list for speech as well...bc she has no "actual" words as of now. I meet with the speech therapist once a month for now and she has recommended a few things. I didn't speak until 3 years and I think I turned out ok. See you soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails