Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick of Treat

Happy Halloween! Last night David and I took the kids trick or treating. The kids were super excited and looked adorable in their costumes! Sarah the chicken and Calvin the monkey. Last year Sarah was too shy to say trick or treat but was all about holding out her bucket. This year she would yell out trick or treat before the door was even fully open. They were so sweet with their trick or treats and thank you's. I'm really feeling pregnant these days, so David and I took turns walking the kids up to the doors. I even had to ask to use the washroom at a house half way through, I just couldn't make it. It's hard to believe that we'll have three kids in about 2 weeks!

I had a good day with the kids yesterday. We went for a walk in the morning where we stopped at the post office and grocery store. There's a Starbucks in the same plaza, so I thought it was a good day for a treat for myself as well. Surprisingly, it was the first time I've stopped there while out on a walk with the kids. It was one of those days where I truly love being a mom, when all the routine and "not fun" parts of parenthood seem ok because of the good moments. The sweet things the kids say, their loving actions, the joy we experience and the fun we share together. It's all worth it in the end and I'm so thankful that I get to experience motherhood. I am truly blessed with a loving husband and wonderful children.



Is he not the cutest little monkey!?!

The kids loved looking at and eating their treats once we got home. Big smiles!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails