Saturday, November 7, 2009

Last Cuddles with Oma...at least for now

My beautiful mom with two of her darling grandchildren.

For the longest time my mom would ask us kids when she could expect grandchildren and we would always say not for a long time; however once we all started they would most likely just keep coming. Well, within 18 months she got three grandchildren and has one more on the way. We're excited that Andy and Sharalee are expecting their second child sometime in the spring (April/ May ish).

I love the above photo, such a natural precious moment. Amazingly, we seem to be getting these sweet cuddles each morning and evening. At the end of the day there seems to be nothing better than cuddling on the couch with the little ones. The other evening, after a not so fun car ride to the airport, the four of us cuddled on the couch and watched the Polar Express. I'm trying to fully take in and enjoy each sweet moment, as I know these moments are fleeting.

Baby Calvin seems to be growing and changing with each passing day. I am continually amazed how much I see my brother Andy in him. With Sarah I could easily see David, however this is not the case with Calvin. My mom was also surprised how much she saw my brothers in him.



Cuddles with Calvin. I think my mom looks amazing on this photo; we sure did have a wonderful time with her! She's already missed...
Each day Calvin seems to be awake longer and is becoming much more alert. He continues to be very content. We're still waiting for longer sleep stretches, so far we've had one 4 hour stretch. However, he does sleep well in his bed and when he does wake I feed him and he easily goes right back to sleep, so it's not that bad. We're also still being blessed with Sarah having two naps a day. Amazingly, both kids seem to be sleeping at the same times, so I'm able to have naps, keep the house tidy and get some work done on the computer. We're feeling pretty blessed.
Michael and Rebecca are staying with us for the weekend; we're looking forward to spending lots of time with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom always looks so young to me. Clearly she's found the fountain of youth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails