Saturday, November 21, 2009

10 Years!


Yesterday David and I celebrated 10 years of marriage! Wow, how the time does fly! I have to admit that they have been pretty great years. We have grown so much together. We have experienced and learned so much already, about ourselves, each other and life. I am so thankful for a man that inspires me, challenges me and in general makes me a better person. I can't imagine life without him in it. We are truly a team; I love how we do everything together. Even the mundane become enjoyable or at least manageable when we share the tasks together. Not every day has been easy, but those days have made us stronger and better yet. I look forward to continuing to share life with David, he truly is my best friend.
We originally planned on going on some grand vacation for our 10 year anniversary, perhaps Fiji. But here we are at home with a one month old baby and a high energy toddler. It may not be Fiji but we're happy with the season of life that we're in. David was at school all day and then in Toronto for the evening at a food and wine show (no infants or kids allowed), we both didn't realize that the date of the show was our anniversary several months ago when he was planning on going. Oh well, what's a day. He came home briefly at mid day which was nice. Other than that, I spent the day with the kids and was able to see Michael and Rebecca one last time before they headed back to Vancouver early this morning.
Knowing that we wouldn't be together yesterday, we all went to the States for most of the day on Thursday. We did some shopping and browsing around which was nice. Kids bedtimes always seem to come so early though, so then it was back home for the evening.
Perhaps next year we'll go on that grand trip...or perhaps it will be many years away. Oh well, we have many other great trips that we can fondly remember in our "before children" days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

10 years is quite a milestone. In Hollywood years that's like 40! ;) Time does fly though when you're spending your life with your best friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails